Infections are a group of conditions related to a breakdown or dysfunction of the immune system. The body is constantly exposed to infectious agents, including bacteria, fungi, parasites, and viruses. Some of these infectious agents are harmless and even beneficial to humans. However, many of these agents can be harmful and result in serious infections with unpleasant symptoms.
The immune system is designed to defend the body against these foreign agents. When our immune system is strong, infections are dealt with easily and most of the time, without us even noticing. These are acute infections, and when the immune system is fighting them off, the symptoms are usually obvious. But there are also chronic, subclinical infections that can tax the immune system, often without us even being aware of their presence.
Chronic infections can cause inflammation of tissues that we may, or may not, be able to feel. Even though these chronic infections don’t always cause overt symptoms, they still tax the body and can cause nutritional deficiencies, stress on the adrenal glands and on the immune system as a whole.
Additional Information about Infection
- Common symptoms of infection
- Common causes of infection
- Help me choose a natural and alternative treatment for infection
- Dietary and lifestyle recommendations that may help in the treatment of infection
- Conventional or prescription medications used in the treatment of infection
- Additional reading for infection